Centra Piedmont Psychiatric Center
Centra Medical Group Piedmont Psychiatric Center (PPC) is a psychiatric outpatient practice offering a full spectrum of mental health providers and services. The diverse expertise of our staff allows us to treat all aspects of a patient's condition, from the biological to the emotional, cognitive and spiritual manifestations. We serve people of all ages, from children to senior citizens, both as individuals and as members of their families.
Hours of Operation, Location and Contact Information
Established in 1995, Centra Piedmont Psychiatric Center is located at Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital and is part of a broad range of mental health services offered by the hospital. Our hours of operation are Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and Friday between the hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
For driving directions, click here and follow directions to Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital.
To print information about Piedmont Psychiatric Center, click here.
How To Access Services
Our Treatment Team
Our team of experienced clinicians consists of board certified general/adult, geriatric, and child/adolescent psychiatrists, licensed clinical psychologists, psychiatric nurse practitioners and physician assistants and nurses.
General/Adult and Geriatric Psychiatrists
|Michael E. Judd, MD, Medical Director||Peter Betz, MD|
|Maria Luisa Ganan Almond, MD, MPH||James Gallagher, MD|
|Moni Baidya, MD|
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
|Jitendra Annapareddy, MD||Namita Dhiman, MD|
|Lakshman Gandham, MD|
|Miranda Breit, PhD||Stacey C. Felmlee, PhD|
|Gary Sibcy, PhD||Frank Selden, PhD|
Psychiatric Physician Assistant
|Laura B. Huff, PA-C|
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
|Lisa Clement-Defalco, PMHNPc|
When PPC is closed, a physician is available to advise our regular patients in emergency situations. Call 434.845.9482 to reach the on call doctor. We are not able to provide after-hours care to anyone other than our patients except in extreme emergencies.
Comprehensive Clinical Services
- Assessments and consultations
- Psychiatric diagnostic evaluations
- Psychological testing
- Medication management
- Individual, group and family psychotherapy
- Couples and sex therapies
- Anger and anxiety management
- Depression, anxiety and bipolar therapy
- Abuse/trauma counseling
- Attachment therapy
- New: Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) for depression
- A non-medication FDA approved procedure that utilizes magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain
- Consists of outpatient treatment sessions that do not require anesthesia
- Recommended when other depression treatments have not been successful
- Requires a series of sessions to be effective
- Minimal or no side effects
- Can return to typical activities immediately after each session
Who Can Refer?
- Any adult for self or for family members
- Clergy members
- School personnel
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Public service agencies
- Mental Illness: Living in the Heart of Virginia
- Divorce: Living in the Heart of Virginia
- Depression: Centra video about depresssion posted on Facebook
How To Access Services