Centra Piedmont Psychiatric Center
Centra Medical Group Piedmont Psychiatric Center is a psychiatric outpatient practice offering a full spectrum of mental health providers and services. The diverse expertise of our staff allows us to treat all aspects of a patient's condition, from the biological to the emotional, cognitive and spiritual manifestations. We serve people of all ages, from children to senior citizens, both as individuals and as members of their families.
Hours of Operation, Location and Contact Information
Established in 1995, Centra Piedmont Psychiatric Center is located at Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital and is part of a broad range of mental health services offered by the hospital. Our hours of operation are Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and Friday between the hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
For driving directions, click here and follow directions to Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital.
To print information about Piedmont Psychiatric Center, click here or on the image to the right.
How To Access Services
Comprehensive Clinical Services
- Assessments and consultations
- Psychiatric diagnostic evaluations
- Psychological testing
- Medication management
- Individual, group and family psychotherapy
- Couples and sex therapies
- Anger and anxiety management
- Depression, anxiety and bipolar therapy
- Abuse/trauma counseling
- Attachment therapy
- New: Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) for depression
- A non-medication FDA approved procedure that utilizes magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain
- Consists of outpatient treatment sessions that do not require anesthesia
- Recommended when other depression treatments have not been successful
- Requires a series of sessions to be effective
- Minimal or no side effects
- Can return to typical activities immediately after each session
Who Can Refer?
- Any adult for self or for family members
- Clergy members
- School personnel
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Public service agencies
How To Access Services
Click on names below for photos and professional credentials of our dedicated mental health clinicians.
Our Treatment Team
Our team of experienced clinicians consists of board certified general/adult, geriatric, and child/adolescent psychiatrists, licensed clincial psychologists, psychiatric nurse practitioners and physican assistants and nurses.
General/Adult and Geriatric Psychiatrists
|Michael E. Judd, MD, Medical Director||Peter Betz, MD|
|Charlotte Hagan, MD||James Gallagher, MD|
|Moni Baidya, MD|
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
|Kara Mayer Rooney, MD||Jitendra Annapareddy, MD|
|Lakshman Gandham, MD||Namita Dhiman, MD|
|Miranda Breit, PhD||Stacey C. Felmlee, PhD|
|Gary Sibcy, PhD||Frank Selden, PhD|